Valentine's Day Essay
Valentine's Day Essay
This is a free sample essay on Valentine's Day. If you need custom assistance with Valentine’s Day essay writing, do not hesitate to request professional help of our essay writers! Let our writing experts help you with writing your unique, interesting, and original Valentine’s Day essay especially for you! Our writing services are legal, safe, and reliable!
It happens around this time every year. We men undergo a transformation. This transformation is not by choice. In fact, we have no say in it whatsoever. It's the time of the year when the women in our lives transform us from ordinary guys to Valentines. It's the time of the year when we start to look a little better, our annoying hang-ups become "cute idiosyncrasies" and our previous miscues are forgotten in the eyes of women. It's the time of the year when we have a little more potential, the kind women say they can "work with." And it's the only time when women say they like us just the way we are.
Whether you know it or not, you're in somebody's sights, you're on some woman's short list of potential Valentine's Day dates. It could be the new woman in your office, the lead singer in the church choir who always manages to look your way sometime between the "halle" and the "lujah," or the checkout girl at the convenience store who always gives you too much change, but she is so cute that you give it back to her because you don't want her to get in trouble.
Indeed, Valentine's Day is upon us, and the pressure will be on all Brothers to do right by their lady. But there's no need to fear it, no need to try to hide out until it's all over.
Where many of us make our mistake is in thinking February 14th is the sole day of the year to be romantic. When, in fact, Valentine's Day should be embraced, welcomed with open arms each year as the culmination of being thoughtful and considerate, imaginative and sincere during the previous 364 days of the year.
So you say you're not the romantic type? Well, I'm here to help. Start with these nine imaginative things you can do all year long to assure yourself a place in your lady's heart before, on and after Valentine's Day.
* Talk to her. Having a woman fall head over heels in love with you starts with the realization that, for women, love has more to do with emotions than with physical traits. So don't always start off in fifth gear, don't get stuck on sex talk all the time. Talk about other topics of mutual interest. Talk about her job, your job, world issues. But in order to talk, you have to have something to talk about. Stay abreast of current events. Work on adding a little substance to her style.
* Sweet-talk her. Leave a trail of chocolate kisses from the front door to the bedroom, right up to the bed. Leave a note on the bed that reads "I kiss the ground you walk on."
* Write to her. Write a love note or poem on a piece of paper and then cut it up into puzzle-like pieces. Send one a day to her.
* Kiss her. Spend one solid hour exploring various kissing techniques. And every now and then, surprise her with a kiss before she can finish a sentence.
* Praise her. Tell the world how great she is. Build your lover a Web page expounding your love for her. Mention special moments and add some photos. Surf the Web with her one day and just "stumble upon it." Or have someone send her an anonymous e-mail with the link inviting her to the special page.
* Surprise her. Before she takes a shower, write the words "I love you" with your finger on the bathroom mirror. It will magically appear in the condensation as she showers.
* Flirt with her. Flirting is a basic instinct, a part of human nature. Ask her how she's doing. Talk to her with an open mind. Listen, really listen, to her. Laugh at her jokes. Make eye contact. But not just eye contact. Hold it a second or two longer than you normally would. Compliment her routinely. Brush the lint off her jacket. Touch her hand in the midst of sharing a laugh.
* Pique her curiosity. It should be your goal to always leave your lady wanting more. Put a single red rose on the seat of her ear before she goes to work. On that day at work, she'll think about how great you are all day long. On occasion, play romantic games with her. Take a picture of yourself in the sexiest outfit possible. Hide it in a secret spot in your house and leave her clues on how to find it.
* Take her for a ride. Put a blindfold on her and drive to a place where you have a blanket, candles, strawberries, sparkling drinks, and a rose.
If you follow these simple tips, you're practically guaranteed to have a Valentine's Day--and a lasting romance--to remember.